Wednesday, September 16, 2009

First time for Everything!

I have been Swamped at school and such so blogging got pushed to the back burner for a hot minute! Here is what has been going on lately for little squid and I. She recently started bitter sweet preschool... She was So excited to go to school as you can see in the below pictures! I on the other hand was sad. :( The morning of her first day was a "trial run" to make sure that when I actually had to go to school there would not be a major melt down causing me to have to miss school!

We wake up take a million pictures, pack the preprepared lunch in her DISNEY lunch box and start the drive to preschool. We get there take a million and one more pictures and finally walk in. I hang her stuff on the hook give her a BIG BIG hug...and hen another one... and maybe just one more AND then she says and I quote, "mommy go to school" !!! It was so cute but also gave me a glimpse of the future when hugs and kisses are no longer "allowed" in public. So, I gave her one more hug and kiss and went to the car and cried my eyes out. I so did not want to leave her!
She comes home from school each Monday, Wednesday and Friday it seems knowing so many new things! Singing new songs, bringing home art work!! They learned how to use SCISSORS last week! I would never have thought to give my two-year-old scissors! She knows so much already it blows my mind! Obviously she was given her mothers genius!!! ;)


Even now that we are a good six or seven? weeks into preschool I STILL get sad dropping her off. She loves it and goes in everyday without a hitch. She knows I am leaving her and gives me a hug and tells me she loves me which helps but still I want to cuddle and hold my little baby all day and NEVER EVER let her go! I think it will take me a while to get used to it...if I ever will.

My top five Sydney lines of the moment:
5) Grandpa: "Sydney, do you want to watch Glen Beck?"
Sydney, "NO PAPA!! NEVER EVER EVER EVER" [even though it sounds like "Neber ebber ebber ebber" lol

4) I will tell her sorry about something and she will say, "Don't be sorry mommy it will be okay"

3) I jokingly told my mom the other day that I was going to "kill" her and to that Sydney ran up to me so serious and said, "DON"T KILL GRANDMA" my mom and I DIED laughing!!!

2)When we say our prayers at night she mentions every person she has ever met that she remembers! It takes quite a few minutes!

1) my very top top top favorite thing she has said/says frequently now is
"mommy you are my best friend"
this one just makes my heart explode!!! I did not even teach her that!! She said it one day and I started to cry and then she said, "don't be sad mommy, I make it better" then she attacked me with kisses.

HOW does my heart contain so much love for someone? It feels as if it might burst sometimes!
I will stop blabbing now but that is our life currently and it consists of LOTs of school fo both of us! Except I do not get to bring home fun finger paint art and googly-eye monsters! I WISH we did that in college! How fun would that be!!!

anyway, those of you with kids I would love to hear your favorite moments list!! and if you don't have kid-ee-poos give me your favorite moment of the week! or as I plan on doing at the dinner table because I am super CHEESE-TASTIC the "high" and "low" conversation. [where each member of the dinner table shares a high and a low of there day...I love being cheesy]

2 comments:

  1. Hey you! I loved this post. She is absolutely adorable and you have done such an amazing job raising her Christina. I am so proud of you! Sounds lame but I really am. Love you and hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to gobble all of her sweetness up. Well, I might save some for you since you ARE her mother.

    My latest fun G thing is "dance, dance, booty in the pants!" and he holds the bars of his crib (or the coffee table, or the baby gate... you know, anything and everything that will help him stand) and he shakes his little booty up and down and giggles... I just love it. Makes my day.

    ReplyDelete