Friday, July 10, 2009

A New Start

This is my new blog address! Take note all of you blog readers out there in web-land. I have decided that the old blog will strictly be for my family member readers for Sydney updates. You of course may still read it but I assure you this one will be of more interest to you. I am working on the look of this blog right now so bare with me! I intend to update this one much more than the other blog so get your reading glasses on!

I recently worked my butt off to save for a TINY LAPTOP!!







It is my new love. I put it in my purse and take it everywhere I go. If it were not for Sydney it would be my baby. ha. However, it's tinyness does not allow me to save the hundreds apon thousands of pics I have of Sydney on it. So, I apologize in advance for picture-less posts that may be in your near future. MOST of them hopefully will have some eye candy for you.



Anyway, a much needed update. Sydney is well into her not so"teriible twos". I hear moms speak about this supposedly horrid phase of wanting to throw your child out a window. In Sydney's case she just is not that bad [which I thank God for approximatley five million times a day]. She gets frustrated when she is trying to tell me something and I do not understand her and of couse the "but I want fill in the blank" temper tantrum. Other than that we are golden.


She has started being scared of "monsters" though. Which is strange to me because I have never mentioned monsters to her. I am a detective trying to figure out where this monster obsesion has come from. When I put her to bed for nap and for bed time she asks me about the monsters about one-hundred times, which I respond with, "Sydney there are no monsters, Sadie scared them all away" [Sadie is our faithful doberman pincher gaurd dog and I trust that there will be no monsters while she is on watch. If I were a monster I would certainly avoid our house!] I also tried to solve the monsters issue by watching Monsters Inc.



I wanted to show her that monsters are nice. She loved the movie but still asked about the monsters when I put her to bed tonight. So, oh well. Strike one! She is also begining to be scared of the dark I believe. I really do not know how to deal with this fear. Any suggestions? Anyone's parents have a good method of breaking the fear of the dark? Obviously she is two and I understand she will need a night light for a while but I do not want her to be scared of the dark her whole life.

These are the super duper interesting things that are going on in my life currently! I am sure you all cannot wait for the next update haha.

Other than that school is kicking my bum. I have three summer classes! Homework. homework. homework! I am looking forward to the much too short two week break between summer and fall semester! Wish me luck on finals I am pretty certian I will all A's! WOO!

Love, Syd and Christina

p.s. RIP MJ, all I can say now is PLEASE God let this blow over soon. It is getting very old!!

1 comment:

  1. I am still scared of the dark so good luck with that one, ha.

    ReplyDelete